As a results driven organization, WAEI expects a large return on investment from each program it operates. Our main expectation is to create a meaningful connection to the outdoor world. A connection powerful enough that causes the participate to continue to pursue outdoor recreational opportunities. A connection powerful enough that the participant self identifies as a lifelong outdoor enthusiast, a hiker, a wildlife watcher, a hunter, an angler.
Specific objectives measured along WAEI’s results chain:
- Targeting the right audience
- Providing a positive experience – at least 85% of participants indicate that they had a positive and safe experience
- Greater appreciation – at least 85% of participants indicate they now have a greater appreciation for wildlife, natural resources, conservation, outdoor enthusiasts, and hunting.
- Greater interest in outdoor pursuits – at least 85% of participants indicate they now have a greater interest in outdoor pursuits and at least 50% of participants indicate a greater interest in hunting
- Increased outdoor skills – at least 85% of participants indicate they increased ability in at least 2 core skills important to becoming an outdoor recreational participant
- Increased career oriented skills – at least 85% of participants seeking natural resource career paths indicate they increased their skill level in 2 core skills
- Active participation in the outdoors – within 1 semester of time, 50% of participants are active in outdoor pursuits
- Increased dollars for conservation – participants purchase outdoor equipment, travel in pursuit of outdoor experiences, and purchase licenses from their state wildlife agency